Friday, October 10, 2008

LAPTOP

OMG. Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying that I'm never taking this laptop for granted again. As I type on the pristine white keys that make beautiful tappy noises and feel just right, and as I stare at the screen that adorably lights up a wee bit brighter when it's plugged in like it's that much happier, I realise my attachment and love to this dear thing. I shall name it later on in the post when I'm done spilling. XD

Secondly, I'd like to share my long story about how I came to realise how much this laptop means to me and I have come to appreciate it. All my songs, documents, pictures inside, priceless. I promise I will get the skin done next week as a reward for my baby. <3

Here's the story. Albeit long. SIT TIGHT!

I went to Plaza Sing to watch a movie with Joshua and Dwayne. After that, we went to Yamaha where we spent half an hour; Joshua was trying out the Ibenez (?) and the amp that it was attached to sounded divine! But I digress.

Anyways, after that, we went to the MRT, and with some considerable whining, I managed to get Joshua to follow me home. XD (my pleas don't work on Dwayne) Somewhere between BoonKeng and the station before that, we realised MY LAPTOP WASN'T WITH US! Joshua called Dwayne and asked him to go to Yamaha to check, then he texted us saying it wasn't there!

We went back of course, and Janice and Sam were there! Those two wonderful people stayed with me walking up and down the whole place to check where it was. Love you two. <3 Then WAH two other amazing people, JOSHUA AND DWAYNE. Those two helped me RUN ALL OVER PS, scoured like two levels, asked the shops and everything. They must've done like 2.4 or more with the distance they walked. I realised that they are two really really true friends, and I could never ask for any better than that. I love you two! <333

Typically, after an hour of fruitless searching, we didn't find it, cause that's how it goes. We were distraught and wound up pretty badly and I was on the verge of semi-crying. So I left my number with the Information Counter, GV and Yamaha and went home to face the music. And oh boy was it bad. Let's just say the equivalent of the verbal beating I got was Heavy Metal genre of Othello Music. Whooboy. And I crossed the VERGE I mentioned earlier once I told my dad. Yup. DX

Went to the Police Station at Hougang to make a report at 10. Man pretty tense, cause dad took me and all.

THEN TODAY! Between 3-6, when I was at dance so I couldn't check my phone, I received 6 missed calls from an unknown land line. As I checked, my phone rang again, and there was this malay guy at the end. When he said he was from Yamaha, my heart leapt into my throat, I didn't dare ask the question for fear of high hopes ruined. After he said he's been trying to reach me all day (3 hours? yeah right! XD), I couldn't take it and asked, "Did you find my laptop?" And apparently, it was found in the PANTRY. How the hell did it get there? And I was told they had a cleaner who was a bit "err... ehh..." and he finds stuff and puts them in the pantry. Ohgoodness RELIEF. Then daddy just picked it up on his way back, and I'm here with my gorgeous baby again. XD

I was seriously wigging out, and today I was kinda downish. I couldn't stop thinking about my laptop, and when I went to eat lunch, I ordered Roti Prata, and it came out as, "Uncle, two laptops, kosong." HAHAHA. GOD.

Anyways, I'm glad I have it back. MY BABY. I love you four people who stuck with me even though two of you didn't come with me in the first place and honestly didn't have to. Dwayne and Joshua, I owe ya'll a BIG ONE. Anything, ask. I love you two so much. Thanks heaps, Sam and Janice, for following me around and showing your concern and trying to help by asking questions to try and prompt my flustered mind, even though you didn't have to. <33333333333333333

NOW IT'S NAMING TIME.

It shall be a guy. XD Cause it's so classy it's kinda metrosexual. HAHAHA.
And his name shall be...

IAN.

No particular reason, I just think the name has a nice sound to it. XD Say baibai to blogger, Ian! Imma go cruise around on this little baby now. XD Hope ya'll found my adventure griping (not really), amusing (prolly) and very BEX (forgetful, much!). <3

xoxo
Bex

Posted by Rebecca @ 9:55 PM