Monday, February 15, 2010

I need.

I've had some tough calls with this. But I have to face it, in all its brutal honesty, somewhat selfishness, and the bitter, medicinal taste of dealing with a problem I can't see for myself. It's time to put it all down.

Yes, I need someone. But I can't take just anyone. Haniel's right and wrong. I don't just take any ugly ass (optional) guy that comes to me cause I feel sorry for them; I have to think for myself too.

I need someone who IS my best friend. Who I can joke and laugh with and be myself with, but yet at the same time, not completely buddy-buddy; those preserved moments of when I can feel like a blushing school girl with him.

I need someone who isn't insensitive, for a change, and knows exactly what to say, and mean it. I need someone who can engage me in intellectual conversation in actual topics of interest. I need someone who can get my wit, and my sarcasm.

Most of all, I need someone who needs me. And I need someone who I will keep needing for the rest of my life.

Permanence is hard to find, and so many situations presenting permanence to me may as well be deceptively false. But I won't give up, cause in the end, it's about what I need and what I want.

xoxo
Bex

Posted by Rebecca @ 11:21 PM