Monday, March 29, 2010

My Life Starring Eggs

My Life Starring Eggs

Today it struck me as I was having an intimate moment alone with a perfectly done half-boiled Egg. Such moments are rare because apparently the art of timing half-boiled eggs in various temperatures of hot water has long slipped through the fingers of our capable coffeeshop uncles and aunties. But I digress.

I can't seem to bring across my love for Eggs sanely enough without sounding like a babbling, incoherent mess. And to those who think they're being smart after reading that last sentence, shut up. ^^ Anyways, it's amazing how an inexplicably beautifully done half-boiled egg can make the rest of the long working day seem that much better. And it's done without being overtly fancy, without any unnecessary complications or excess. That's the beauty of Eggs.

I love eggs, as most of y'all would know. I'd like to roughly quote from the movie "Julia and Julia", that if a meteorite was heading straight towards Earth and we all only had 30 days left to live, I would spend it eating EGGS. Screw cholesterol. ^^

Half-boiled, hard-boiled, poached, Creme (Cadbury), steamed, scrambled, herbal, seasoned, "rotten" (century eggs), fried, sunny-side up, Benedict-ed (??), the list goes on! How can one humble food be so versatile and colourful in its ways! A hard-boiled egg and a steamed egg custard can taste so deliriously different, but it will always have the down-to-earth, nostalgic tones of Eggs.

Furthermore, Eggs can be taken plain, salted, buttered, peppered, sweetened (think tamago), soya-sauce-d (??) and so on. I'm going crazy here! It's really amazing because it can be eaten so many different ways, I'm totally giddy, cause it means I won't ever be sick of Eggs!

Aside from being tasty, they're pretty much a staple for many people, and are pretty healthy when taken in moderation, so that's couting me out. But whatever; I'm young so I'm allowed to eat TWO BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS EGGS A DAY. OH GLORIOUS DAY. I'll spam Eggs like this until I'm old and cholesterol levels start creeping up on me.

It's a shame when my daily quota is wasted on badly prepared Eggs, but sometimes these things are necessary in deeming which place is best to go to when you want a particularly well done Egg, whether half-boiled, steamed, or any of its cousins.

I will now draw my somewhat creepy worship of Egg to a close, and I know I sound pretty crazy, but that's just cause I'm spurned on by a love of food and a wish to glorify it, in the most un-blasphemous way, of course, because I love God first and foremost. XD Nevertheless, Egg will always hold a special place in my Egg-loving, cholesterol-laden heart. <3

xoxo
Bex

Posted by Rebecca @ 10:10 PM