Tuesday, July 24, 2012

10 Smells I Love

I love the smell of

1) The ground before it rains.

Nothing like that earthy, salty smell of soil. It's very basic nature ole factory! :D It's refreshing and mellow all at the same time.

2) My bed.

That wonderful warm smell which means its time to sleep! Also makes it hard to leave in the morning. :(

3) My baby bunting! <3

My sweet soft pillow! Don't call her "chou chou". :( Her smell is soft and comforting and smells like companionship during times when I feel sad, young or old.

4) People that are special to me.

Okay this sounds funny but everyone has a smell and smells of people I love and I know make me feel warm and fuzzy and grateful.

5) F&N's ice cream soda.

I'm mad about the smell!! Don't ask me why. That pretty vanilla scent really drives me nuts. So much so that I inhaled it one time by accident. Think carbonate water in your sinuses. Ouch. :(

6) Turpentine.

Okay this is another weird one. And I try not to breathe too deeply. But when I go into an art room or around an area being painted, I can't help taking a few indulgent sniffs. It smells adventurous and deep. Glue sniffing addiction? Shh I refuse to think about it!

7) Mum's perfume.

I guess this sorta counts as people that are special to me, but it's a whole new category cause she has HEAPS of perfume but ALL of them are familiar to me. Brings back childhood memories of me waiting in my parents' room on Sunday while they get ready for church, and mum spritzes on her perfume. :) Dad's cologne doesn't do the same for me because I always cough when he sprays his. :( Too overwhelming I think.

8) Really fresh air.

Sometimes when the wind blows into my room, I'll run over and take deep deep breaths until I'm light headed and there's this faint stirring in my heart because it smells like New Zealand and quiet freedom.

9) Meat cooking.

I know it's unglamorous but I love meat. I LOVE IT. And the smell of cooking meat (burgers, steak, sausages) makes me go really crazy. If I'm hungry, worse! The best type of cooked meat smell is the type you get to eat after smelling it. :D

10) Old story books.

They all have that same smell. Like comfort and the promise of a story and fast-passing hours. It makes me feel so secure and excited. Printed paper just does that for me. Ebooks have no smell. :( Cause of that, I'll never be a believer. Sorry Amazon!

xoxo
Bex

Posted by Rebecca @ 5:51 PM