Monday, July 23, 2012

3 months and 8 days

Since my last post.

I have a feeling this blog is going to become one of those blogs that has a perpetual latest entry being "the first in a long time" or apologising for lack of updates.

Here's seeing the end of a really hectic week! Or month...?

Following the concert, which we worked really hard for, we dove straight into our competition piece with less than a month to The Big Day. And guess what...?

WE WON.

Never in my wildest dreams! And this felt really big to me; I was positively joyfulelatedecstatic after I heard our score. I feel like everything we put in, all the emotions and hard work and obsession and ear worms (introductory phrase on repeat in my head daily, footsteps as metronome whilst walking) WAS WORTH IT.

The gala performance, which was today, didn't go so well though. Wasn't in the right frame of mind, flustered and unprepared when we started. Nevermind, this will be an experience to learn from; I'll take my time until I'm done! "This is the only time percussion gets to speak", said someone today, and he's right!

I won't make promises to blog often - hardly have the time. But I think, just to break the monotony of it all, I'll post something interesting next time. Even if it's another "first time in a long time" post, we all know that, so I'll write something to entertain both me and myself. :D

xoxo
Bex

Posted by Rebecca @ 1:31 AM